While you are shopping for this coming Christmas holiday, you did not notice that you have already entered the Home Decor section of the mall because you got attracted to the pillow design displayed on the couch.
In the end, you bought the pillow because you find it so cute, and when you finally use the pillow at night, you find it very uncomfortable. The next day, you woke and gushingly went to the mall without even knowing if you could return the pillow. Well, here is what I have found out:
The pillow you bought is a personal care item; therefore, once you have already laid your head into it, in most cases you cannot return the item. Moreover, once the plastic packaging is removed from the pillow, there will be no exchange. However, some stores may be exceptions from the general rule.
That is why you must be careful when buying your pillows because of the “no-exchange policy” imposed by some stores. You will end up wasting your money because some stores will not give a refund for returning the pillow you bought.
Hence, to give you more information in regards to this, I will give you the rundown of the stores where you can possibly return pillows and the stores where you cannot return a used pillow.
Can you return a pillow to Amazon
Unfortunately, Amazon does not accept returns for products like health and personal care items such as pillows and mattresses. However, it depends on the shop, whether they have a policy for returned items. Here are the other items that belonged in the “No return policy.”
- Hazardous materials/chemicals
- Flammable liquid or gases
- Products with missing serial number or UPC
- Downloadable software products
- Gift cards
- Grocery products
- Fresh flowers
- Live insects
- Items with special shipping restrictions
Can you return a pillow to Argos
YES, Argos offers a 30-day return guarantee on most items. However, be mindful with the following instructions for the items that you will return:
- Unused (tags still attached)
- Has its original packaging
- Still in a resalable condition
Argos will refund your money to the original payment method you used. For example, you used your card to pay; it will take up to 7 days to appear back to your account. For PayPal users, the refund can last up to a month.
Here are the items which you cannot return to Argos:
- Used DVD
- Software products
- Items with missing serial number
Can you return a pillow to Asda
Luckily, Asda will appreciate your concerns if you are not satisfied with the product. You can just return the item in its original packaging with all the accessories included, together with the original receipt or any proof of purchase. Here is their return policy for the following products:
- Pierced jewelry
- Hair accessories
- Pillows and mattresses
- Indoor and outdoor furniture
Note: All the items listed above follow the 30-day policy rule for returns
Examples of Proof of Purchase:
- Receipt detailing the item, date of transaction, and cost
- A printed copy of your bank or credit card statement
How to return the items to Asda
You just visit any Asda Superstore, Asda Supermarket, or Asda Living stores
Can you return a pillow to Bed Bath & Beyond
Bed Bath & Beyond will be happy if you return items you are not completely satisfied with. Just return the items in resalable condition within the span of 14 days from the date of dispatch in their distribution center. They will exclude the original freight charge.
However, due to hygiene reasons, pillows or Duvet Inserts are not candidates for exchange and refund policy. Otherwise, here are the things you must need to know when you return the item:
- Items must be in good and original condition
- Still has its original packaging
- Product tags still attached or if there are any other security devices attached
NOTE: The store has the right to decline the returned items and process the refund if the items are no longer in their original condition.
How to return the items to Bed Bath & Beyond
There are actually two ways to return the items. It is either you:
- Visit any nearest Bed Bath & Beyond store, and bring the original official receipt or any proof of purchase
- You can start return process online: https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/static/EasyReturns
Can you return a pillow to Costco
Since pillows or any other personal care items are not included in the list of items that cannot be granted for a refund, pillows can be returned and get a refund at Costco.
Hence, here is the list of items that exclude in their return and exchange policy:
- Electronics such as television, projectors, refrigerator, freezer, cooktops, microwave, dishwashers, washers, and dryers. Other items include computers, tablets, cameras, smartphones, drones, MP3 players, and camcorders.
- Diamonds with 1.00 ct or larger
- Cigarettes and Alcohol
- Tires and batteries
- Installed software programs
How to return the items to Costco
The items you purchased at any Costco location must be returned at the returns counters of any Costco warehouse. If you have purchased the items online, you can just return the items by visiting this site Costco.com.
The store will cancel your membership anytime, and you can refund your membership fee in full once you are not satisfied with their service.
Can you return a pillow to Dunelm
Due to health and safety reasons, the store cannot offer a refund or exchange for pillows UNLESS you returned the pillow in its original packaging. Here are the steps on how you can return the item:
How to return the items to Dunelm
The store is willing to offer a refund or an exchange within 28 days of receipt of the item. Before you return the item, make sure you still have the original receipt or any proof of purchase, and the item has still the original packaging.
Note: The store will refund your money to the original tender type you used. For customers who used credit or debit cards, the cardholder must be present during the processing of the refunds.
Items excluded in the returns and refund policy of Dunelm
The store will not be able to offer refunds or exchange on the following items:
- Custom made items
- Cut to length fabric
- Made to order sofas
- Foods, drinks, and other perishable items
Can you return a pillow to Etsy
The shop does not have a policy for returns, exchange, or refund. And only the sellers are responsible for their refunds, exchanges, and returns. In addition, the seller’s policy varies from the others; therefore, you must contact first the seller before you make a purchase.
The sellers cannot accept a returned item UNLESS stated in their shop policies. Otherwise, if the seller is willing to accept returned items, make sure you prepare the following details before you return the item:
- The person-in-charge for the cost of return shipping, if it is not indicated in the shop policies
- The time frame in which you can send the item
- The address where you can send the item
What to do if the seller does not accept returns
If the seller is not willing to accept returns, even though it is clearly stated in their shop policies, you can file a report and case with Etsy.
To learn more about the process, you can visit their site here.
Can you return a pillow to Goodwill
The store is willing to accept returned items UNLESS it meets the following criteria:
- The item is not on sale
- There are no price adjustments
- They are sold as it is
For the following items, the customers must follow this return policy:
- For items like a computer: It has a 7-day return policy, along with the original receipt and the tags still attached
- For electrical items: The unsatisfied customers must return the item within two days
On the other hand, here is the list of non-returnable items:
- Record tapes
- CDs and DVDs
- Software programs
Note: No cash or credit card refunds, they only give in-store credit (make sure you bring your ID when requesting in-store credit)
Can you return a pillow to Harris Scarfe
In this store, they offer the so-called “Change of Mind Refund Policy,” wherein customers can return the goods within 28 days from the date of purchase. However, the items must follow the following conditions:
- Items must still have the original packaging
- Items are still in good condition
- Must present the tax invoice as Proof of Purchase
Unfortunately, the policy does not include the following items.
- Mattresses protection items
Note: The store will refund the customers using their original payment method
Can you return a pillow to IKEA
Because of their 90-day policy for home items such as pillows, mattresses, bed bases, and quilt, you can return your items if you are not satisfied with your purchase. However, just make sure you have read the following terms and conditions:
Terms and Conditions:
- If you are not satisfied with the item, you can return it within 90 days, and the store will exchange with the same kind of product, but with a different brand
- The store will exchange used bedding products
- Some particular items are not for exchange
How to return and refund
- Return the items together with the original receipt to the return counter of IKEA store
- The store will refund the amount to your IKEA’s return card
- You can purchase another item using the return card
- You will shoulder the transportation fee for items if needed
Can you return a pillow to JCPenney
The store allows the return of mattresses, pillows, and furniture within 45 days from the date of the purchase. However, the condition of the item must be the same as the original condition of the item you purchase that day.
Note: Items damaged by pets, contaminated mattresses, and soiled pillows are not candidates for returns.
Here are the other items subjected for returns with their time limits:
- Fine Jewelry: The customer must return the product within 60 days, along with the product certificate and sales invoice
- Gifts (except personalized gifts and fancy watches): The store will give 60 days for customers to return the item. In case of defective items, you can call the manufacturer warranty to handle your concerns
- Electrical Appliances: Customers can return the items within 60 days, together with the warranty covers, receipt, and sales
- Optical lenses, glasses, and frames: The customer must return the items within 24 hours of delivery of products.
- Customized Products: If the customer canceled the order within 24 hours, you would get a refund of the transaction.
How to return the items to JCPenney
- Bring the item to JCP stores to get an immediate refund
- You can do this via mail by following these steps:
- Fill up the return and exchange form on the invoice and attached the item you wish to return
- For those customers who do not have an invoice attached, write your name, address, contact number, and the estimated date of purchase (better if you still remember the exact date) together with the item
- Once you have sent the form through the mail, just wait for the pickup date so that you can return your items on that day
- You will receive the refunded amount to your bank account within 2-3 business days
Can you return a pillow to Kmart
Unfortunately, the store cannot accept returned items such as pillows and mattresses UNLESS they are faulty, do not match with the description, or they do not fit for the intended purpose. Here are other items, which you cannot return under the change of mind returns policy of the store:
- Cosmetics (if seal is already broken)
- Beauty products
- Printer cartridges
- Gift cards
- Personalized material
- Food and drinks
When you meet the following criteria mentioned above, the store can guarantee you a refund. However, make sure you prepared the following requirements when returning the item:
- Bring the returned item along with the proof of purchase
- Personally sign the authorization for the return transaction
- If you do not have the proof of purchase, you can present your ID containing the following information:
- Full name
- Expiry date
How to return an item ordered online
- You can return the product you ordered online to any Kmart stores
- Print out the email receipt of the tax invoice as this will serve as the proof of payment
- For those purchases with a buy now, pay later options, the refunded amount will return to your account held with the remaining adjusted balance.
Can you return a pillow to Kohl’s
Definitely, you can return the pillows you bought to Kohl’s within 180 days of purchase if you are not satisfied with the item. However, an exception for electronic items allows only 30 days for you to return the item. Moreover, you cannot return gift cards.
How to return items to Kohl’s
Bring the item you wish to return along with the original receipt.
Note: If you paid the item with a check, you could choose to refund by getting a Merchandise Credit, cash, or a corporate refund. However, if you paid using a gift receipt, you may get an exchange or Merchandise Credit.
This is the simplest and quickest way to get your refund. You just bring the item along with the order invoice to the Customer Service Desk of any Kohl’s store.
If you prefer to return your online purchases via mail, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Log in to your account
- Reprint your order invoice
- Completely fill out the return form that you can found on their website
- Place the returned item, your order invoice, and the filled-out return form in a box
- Send the package to any Kohl’s store
Note: The store is not responsible for the shipping fee
Can you return a pillow to Macy’s
Macy’s is willing to accept returned pillows and mattresses, if the items are still in good condition, undamaged, free of stains, and unsoiled. The store will give you within 90 days to return the item.
Here are the few things to consider when you return the item:
- Your shipping fees are not refundable
- They place a charge of $85 for pickup fee
- They will ask for another 15% for restocking fee
- The store will only give 60 days for you to schedule a delivery for return if you are not able to schedule a date for delivery, the store will cancel your return transaction
- Once they received the returned items, they will process the refund immediately. However, it depends on your bank’s processing time to reflect the money on your account.
- If you paid using cash or gift cards, the store would mail your refund in the form of a check or merchandise-only certificate
Can you return a pillow to Marshalls
According to Marshalls Return Policy, the store is willing to accept pillows UNLESS it does not appear as USED ITEMS. Otherwise, the store will not accept the item, and you will not get a refund.
Before you return the item, make sure it is clean, have its original packaging, and must have the attached tags of the item. The store will give you 30 days to return the item, along with the original receipt, valid ID, and your signature for some forms.
Note: Due to many fraudulent return activities that happened among retail stores, Marshall has the right to limit or decline an item based on their refund verification system.
Can you return a pillow to Myer
The store cannot accept returned items for bedding accessories such as quilts, pillows, and mattresses protection items UNLESS these items are faulty or fail to meet the consumer’s guarantee.
Otherwise, to request for a refund or exchange, the customer must bring any of the following proof of purchases to present and validate by the store.
- Original receipt tax invoice, electronic or photograph will do
- Online Tax Invoice
- Packing slip
- Myer Credit Card Statement
Note: The store will process your refunds using the original payment method you used. However, for online purchases, the refund amount will reflect on the amount used to pay option on the site.
Can you return a pillow to Spotlight
Good thing, the store has a Change of Mind Returns Policy for pillows, bedding, costumes, wigs, and paper patterns if they meet the following criteria:
- The customer must return or exchange the item within 28 days from the date of the purchase. If the customer fails to return the item within the specified date, he/she cannot get the refund or exchange
- At the time you return the item, bring along the original Spotlight register receipt, online tax invoice, or any other valid proof of purchase
- The products must still have its original packaging which includes the accessories and instruction manuals
- The items must be on its original condition, no damage, and still unused
How to return items ordered online
Here are the things to consider when you wish to return online purchases:
- You can return the item you ordered online to any Spotlight stores.
- Bring your online tax invoice, as this will serve your proof of purchase
- Delivery fee is non-refundable
Can you return a pillow to Sleep Country
Based on the Exchanges and Returns Policy of the store, you can return or exchange pillows within 30 days of delivery or in-store purchase. However, the item must meet the following conditions:
- The item has its original packaging and condition
- You still have the original sales receipt
Other returnable items:
- Mattress pads
- Mattress protectors
How to return items to Sleep Country
You just visit any Sleep Country locations near your place together with the item you wish to return. Make sure you bring the original sales receipt to process your refund.
- Contact their Customer Care team via this following methods:
- Phone: 1-888-SLEEP-88 (1-888-753-3788)
Note: The store will process your refund using the original form of payment method used. For online purchases, the customer will shoulder the shipping fees deducted on their balance amount.
Can you return a pillow to Sam’s club
The answer is, YES, you may return the pillow to Sam’s club since pillow or any bedding accessories are not listed in the non-returnable items that you can find below:
- Adult beverages such as wine, beer, and spirits
- Automotive tires and batteries
- Bulk purchases
- Cigarettes and other tobacco products
- Customized or personalized items
- Contact lenses
- Eyeglasses such as prescription eyeglasses
- Gift and shopping cards and other prepaid cards
- Hearing aids
How to return items bought online
Here are some quick reminders you must know when returning an item:
- Return the purchases made on SamsClub.com by returning the items on any Sam’s Club store located in the U.S. For some reason, and you cannot return some items such as golf carts, vending machines, and auction programs to any Sam’s Club location. Thus the items will be noted on the products item page.
- There will be no online transactions for items purchased online
How to request a return
- To initiate a return, just call their Member Service Center with this phone number: 888-746-7726
- Prepare your membership number and order number when asked
Note: The store will refund the shipping and delivery fees if the returned item is a result of faulty or damaged during shipping.
Reminder when returning the item for refund
Return the item including its original packaging (box, manual, warranty cards, accessories, etc).
There are some cases where the store will decline the refund in full or just pay a partial refund if there are some missing parts on the items returned.
Can you return a pillow to Target
Luckily, bedding accessories are not listed in the store’s exception to return policy; therefore, you can return the pillow to the store. The items must be unused and still have their original packaging.
You can return the item to any Target store within 90 days from the date of purchase.
How to process the refund
The store will process the refund using the original form of payment method you used in purchasing the item. The processing of refunds will usually take 1 to 2 days, and for a credit card payment, it will take 1 to 3 days. You can contact your bank in regards to this matter.
For items returned to their Online Return Center, processing of the refund will usually take an additional five business days. This is to give time for the provision of inspection and processing of the returned items.
Can you return a pillow to Tempur-Pedic Toppers
The store accepts the return of pillows and other bedding accessories such as bed linens, bed frames, mattress toppers, and many more if the items have product defects or there is damage during the delivery.
If you purchased any Tempur-Pedic products from any retail stores, you could ask that store for their return and exchange policies in regards to returned items.
To help you further, you can just call or email to these following information:
- Telephone number: 800-821-6621
- Email: email@example.com
Can you return a pillow to Walmart
Yes, you may return the pillow to Walmart since it is not included in the list of items that cannot be returned as listed below:
- All firearms and pepper spray
- Gas powdered mini bikes, Go-Karts, Dirt Bikes
- Diabetic products such as lancets, strips, meter, lancet devices, and syringes
- Prescription drugs containing ephedrine and atropine
- Prepaid cellular devices
- Video games download card
The store may accept returns or exchanges of items within ninety days of purchase with or without a receipt. Walmart has the right to limit or decline return and exchange even though the customer has a receipt.
How to process the refund
If you return the item within ninety days, the store is responsible for processing the refund using the original form of payment method you used.
- For payments done using cash or check: Present your receipt and the item, and you will receive the refund in cash
- For credit card payments: The store will issue a refund to the same credit card you used when purchasing the item. If the credit card is not available, the store will process the refund onto your shopping and gift card.
- For debit card payments: The store will place back the refund to your debit card if available, or the store will reimburse in cash. If the debit card is not available or not present, the store will process the refund onto your shopping and gift card.
Finally, we are done with the list of stores that accepts and declines when you return a pillow.
To make this more organized; here is a table that sums up all the stores that accept returned pillows and the stores that does not allow the return of pillows:
Stores and Pillow Return Policies
|Bed Bath & Beyond||No|
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made on our website. If you make a purchase through links from this website, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Read my full disclosure.